Called Electrolux, the new appliance line is set to debut on North American shores in spring 2008. Boasting a distinctive look with a curved front design and signature blue LED displays, the new European-designed collection from Electrolux also offers ingenious features such as advanced Wave-Touch™ controls, one touch and more than 60 controls appear and disappear at the touch of a button; Luxury-Glide™ Racks, oven racks with patented ball-bearings that effortlessly extend at the touch of a finger; and the Perfect Turkey Button™, one button you push to cook a perfect turkey
Recognized throughout Europe as the gold standard of appliances, Electrolux appliances have been used in fine European homes and restaurants for more than 70 years. Now, Electrolux is bringing that same level of uncompromising quality and high performance to North America with the launch of its new Electrolux line.
Your Kitchen. Your Style.
With first in its class features, such as induction hybrid cooktops that boil water in 90 seconds or Luxury-Lighting™, ramp up designer lighting that is as beautiful as it is functional, or the industry’s largest total cooking capacity electric range, Electrolux appliances are designed to make today’s kitchens more functional, comfortable, beautiful and easy to manage. The new line includes more than 50 high-performance, stylishly designed models, including freestanding and built-in gas, electric and dual-fuel ranges, electric wall ovens, gas and electric cooktops, induction hybrid cooktops, built-in and over-the-range microwaves, counter depth and standard depth refrigerators, freezers, refrigerator drawers, wine coolers, wine towers, ice makers, beverage centers, dishwashers and ventilation systems. Long on style and innovation, Electrolux appliances are the result of a consumer-centric approach to looks and functionality. For example:
- The Electrolux double wall oven is designed with innovative features such as Luxury-Glide™ patented ball-bearing oven racks that smoothly extend with the touch of a finger, a Wave-Touch™ control panel that keeps controls hidden until activated by a touch of a finger, and even a Perfect Turkey ™ button that helps make holiday cooking stress-free.
- The Electrolux dishwasher boasts the largest useable capacity[i] and is the quietest dishwasher in its class[ii], so you can run it whenever you want and no one will notice. The exclusive Perfect Stemware ™ cycle means spotlessly clean stemware – every time.
- The Electrolux dual fuel range features a Min-2-Max™ burner system offering the widest range of BTU performance in the industry so you can go from a roaring 18,000 BTU boil to a gentle 450 BTU simmer. It also offers the ultimate in versatility, combining the power of a gas cooktop with the precision of an electric oven for baking. The Electrolux dual fuel range also features Luxury-Glide™ ball-bearing oven racks that smoothly extend with the touch of a finger.
- With its PureAdvantage™ air and water filtration systems, the Electrolux refrigerator keeps fresh air circulated throughout to prevent odor transfer and also ensures fresh, clean water at your fingertips. In addition, the Fast Ice™ option makes up to 50% more ice so you’ll be set for your parties and dinners.
- The Electrolux over-the-range microwave boasts Cook-2-Perfection™ Technology designed so your dishes cook evenly. The proprietary Sure-2-Fit™ design even accommodates a full-size (13” x 9”) casserole pan.
- The Electrolux 21’ Cu. Ft. Freezer exclusively offers three full extension Luxury Glide™ baskets with adjustable dividers that fully extend to provide convenient storage and easy access. No more searching for lost leftovers.
- The Electrolux European Style wine tower holds up to 160 bottles of wine perfectly.
According to Frank Downing, Director of Product Design at Electrolux, the goal was to create versatile appliances that let people do what they need — and love to do — better, faster and easier. “Electrolux appliances offer more choices, such as eight cooking modes on Electrolux wall ovens and ranges, and an induction hybrid cooktop with both electric and induction elements,” said Downing. “We also offer more room – we have got the largest total cooking capacity range with second oven and the largest useable capacity dishwasher in the market. And finally, Electrolux appliances deliver more flexibility, like our dishwasher with custom cycles to coddle your crystal, and ranges and cooktops with a Min-2-Max™ burner, offering the widest performance range in the industry – from simmer to boil,” Downing said.
Electrolux appliances also offer ingenious features, exclusive to Electrolux including:
- Advanced Wave-Touch™ Controls — one simple touch and the control panel activates, showing the virtually endless cooking options and control settings. Seconds after you make your choices, all but the options selected will fade to black, returning to an elegant and uncluttered display.
- Luxury-Glide™ racks and shelves — with a ball-bearing system — smoothly extend at the touch of a finger. Luxury Glide™ racks and shelves are standard in Electrolux free-standing and built-in ranges, wall ovens, refrigerators and dishwashers. The Luxury-Glide™ system can also be found in our freezers and warmer drawers and other specialty products.
- Luxury Lighting™– ramp-up designer lighting that is as beautiful as it is functional.
- Luxury-Hold™ doors – oven, range and dishwasher doors that stay put at whatever angle you place them.
- Perfect Set™ Controls on Electrolux cook tops and ranges feature a virtually endless choice of pre-set settings for predictably perfect results.
- Sure-2-Fit™ Racking System is the most versatile racking system of any dishwasher. It offers a perfect place for more than 180 items from chopsticks to stockpots to stemware. There’s also an adjustable/removable top rack for the utmost flexibility. In its lowest position, it can accommodate 10” tall stemware in the top rack and adjust the rack to its highest position to fit 14” plus serving platter in the bottom.
- Flex-2-Fit™ expandable element system — Elements adjust up to three sizes, so the element fits the cookware, not the other way around.
- Refrigerator Alarm System – Notifies you if there’s been a power failure, if a door stays open longer than five minutes and if the interior temperature ever rises above 55 degrees.
- My Favorite™ Settings – Allows you to customize settings to meet your needs, so the option you want is available at the touch of a button. Now you can do more, just the way you want.
All Electrolux products are ENERGY STAR® qualified, where applicable. They are at least 20% more energy-efficient than non-ENERGY STAR® qualified appliances. The entire Electrolux appliance collection will be available nationwide at Best Buy, Lowe’s, Sears and select independent appliance dealers beginning in spring 2008.