I recently overhead someone ask a friend: ‘how did we ever find out anything before Google?’. I gave away my internet age when I said “with altavista” and added for good measure – in a gopher guide. But nevertheless, the point stands. Google is just the greatest mindshare search tool, but its just a gateway into the riches of the internet. One of the great killer aps of customer service is the ability of any manufacturer to make all of their manuals available instantly to their customers.
My ATT answering machine phone is acting weird, and my wife asked me to find the manual. After 10 minutes of wasting my time in paper files, I just did a quick search and came up with this page listing dozens of PDF manuals to various AT&T phones.
One of our goals here is to create a single point resource with as many manuals as we can hunt down. So here’s a start.
- 1150/1450 Manual – 2.4 GHz Cordless Speakerphone
- 1160/1440 Manual – 2.4 Ghz Cordless Telephone
- 1177 Manual – 2.4 GHz Cordless Speakerphone/Answering System with Caller Id/Call Waiting
- 1177 Spanish Manual – 2.4 GHz Cordless Speakerphone/Answering System with Caller Id/Call Waiting
- 1231 Spanish Manual – 2.4 GHz Dual Handset System