Staber, an American manufacturer and online retailer of washers and dryers offers a new clothes drying cabinet as an addition to your laundry room equipment. Although drying cabinets have been used in Europe for years, many Americans are not familiar with them. They are in a simple form a box in which clothes can be hung up or laid out on racks while air is circulated around them to reduce drying time. They are not a replacement for a traditional tumble dryer, but an alternative to tumbling delicate or very bulky items.
Here are some benefits of the drying cabinet from Staber’s literature:
• To be used in addition to a conventional dryer; it is simply a different way to dry laundry
• Less wear and tear on clothing because of no tumbling
• Reduces shrinkage
• Lower operating temperature; increases life expectancy of clothing
• All kinds of clothing can be dried simultaneously, e.g. shirts on hangers together with sport equipment and boots
• Life expectancy of 15 years; minimal maintenance due to simple design
• Quiet operation, which makes it suitable in both houses and apartments
• Provides an energy-efficient drying process, and minimizes the amount of air to be evacuated
• Thermostat controlled, adjustable from room temperature up to around 150 degrees F
• Allows quick folding when removing clothes
The cabinet measures 67 1/2″ tall x 23 1/2″ wide x 24 1/4″ deep and retails for $949.00 online.