October 22, 2014

Kitchen and Home Appliance Forum : LG front loading steam combo (WM3988H**)

Welcome This is an OPEN FORUM. You don’t need to register to join in. Just click on a category and tell us what you think. To join an existing conversation, simply click on an existing topic and add your comments. Please, don’t be shy. Join in. We’re excited to hear what you have to say.
Current User: Guest
Please consider registering

LG front loading steam combo (WM3988H**)

UserPost

8:40 am
March 20, 2011

ske

Have had one for almost two years nothing but problems, leaks under machine, door not shuting well, and now won't spin. Called LG week after warrenty wes up them told me it was my problem. I will never buy LG product again.

6:24 pm
February 24, 2009

John S

Post edited 5:29 am – March 8, 2009 by ApplianceGuy
Post edited 5:30 am – March 8, 2009 by ApplianceGuy
Post edited 7:42 am – March 8, 2009 by ApplianceGuy

I love it!  The key is to only fill the drum to half it's capacity.  That way you can press a button and the load will be washed and dried.  It can wash a large load, but can only dry half that amount.  The drying part needs space to fluff/tumble the clothes in order to fully dry.  For washing everyday casual clothing I use only 2 tablespoons of HE liquid detergent.

A full load of wash can be done in this 4.2 cu ft washer.

Some owners will remove 1/2 of the laundry after the washer cycle has ended. This does help the dry cycle take less time to dry the clothing.

Since the dryer is a *condensation* design and NOT a vented type—it can take 2 to 6 hours to dry the laundry depending upon the type of fabrics in the drum (t-shirts dry faster than denims etc).

In this size *all-in-one* washer-dryer (4.2 cu ft)—-the following amounts of HE (High Efficiency) low suds detergent should be used:

HE (regular strength): (2) Tablespoons Per Wash

HE 2X (double concentrated): (1) Tablespoon Per Wash

HE 3X (triple concentrated): (1) Teaspoon Per Wash

1:25 pm
February 11, 2009

NightOwl

Admin

posts 59

Goldpony and Shari -

This sounds like an interesting unit.  Shari, I'm not sure if you realize that this is one piece, not a separate washer and dryer.  So you load it up and come back to washed and dried clothes.  A great space saver.

We wrote here about Haier's portable washer and dryer, which also save space, but they are two separate units.

We'll look at the LG unit and see what we can learn about it for you, meanwhile thanks for writing about it and keep us posted about how they work for you over time.

NightOwl

9:34 pm
February 9, 2009

Goldpony

Shari said:

How long have you had them?  Can you really only dry half of a large load from the washer?  I have way too much dirty laundry for that.

It is one unit.  Yes, it can only dry 1/2 the capacity of the washer.  I wash/dried a set of queen size sheets & 4 pillow cases.  It had no problem with that size load.

2:10 pm
February 8, 2009

Shari

How long have you had them?  Can you really only dry half of a large load from the washer?  I have way too much dirty laundry for that.

9:52 am
February 8, 2009

Goldpony

I love it!  The key is to only fill the drum to half it's capacity.  That way you can press a button and the load will be washed and dried.  It can wash a large load, but can only dry half that amount.  The drying part needs space to fluff/tumble the close in order to fully dry.  For washing everyday casual clothing I use only 2 tablespoons of HE liquid detergent.

1:10 am
February 8, 2009

Shari

What do you think of them so far?

4:34 pm
February 7, 2009

Goldpony

Has anyone ever used this appliance?  We just got ours.

Reply to Topic: LG front loading steam combo (WM3988H**)

NOTE: New Posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed

Guest Name (Required):

Guest EMail (Required):

Topic Reply:

Save New PostSmileys

Guest URL (required)

Math Required!
What is the sum of:
12 + 5

Confused Cool Cry Embarassed Frown Kiss Laugh Smile Surprised Wink Yell

About the Appliance . net forum

Most Users Ever Online:

Currently Online:

11 Guests

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2

Forums: 11

Topics: 766

Membership:

There are 17635 Members

There have been 547 Guests

There are 3 Admins

There is 1 Moderator

Top Posters:

servicetech – 160

pearlkumar – 89

jameshood – 26

soyer – 23

faye cuizon – 12

pandorasoem1 – 12

Administrators: ApplianceGuy (13 Posts), NightOwl (59 Posts), WorkinMan (2 Posts)

Moderators: ApplianceGuy (13 Posts)