If you want good advice, go to the experts. I know I’m not alone in my opinion that laundry takes up way too much of my time. Whirlpool, a leading manufacturer of washers and dryers offers their advice on getting your clothes clean with the least amount of hassle.
- As your laundry accumulates, pre-sort it into designated baskets for lights, darks and whites. This way, a load will be ready to throw in the washer whenever you have a minute to spare.
- While sorting, don’t forget to close zippers, clasp hooks and check pockets to prevent snags and avoid washing tissues, money, lipstick, etc.
- Streamline the laundry process by incorporating storage solutions and flat working surfaces into your laundry room. This will keep laundry where it belongs and eliminate the need to treat, sort and fold in other rooms of the house.
- Wash small loads as needed between laundry days. Today’s high efficiency washing machines use substantially less water and energy than a conventional top-loading washer. Which means you can do small loads when you have time, rather than waiting for the basket to fill up.
- Don’t overload the washer or dryer. Clothes come out cleaner and less wrinkled when given room to move freely.